The Wheel of Maritime Law provides an overview of the national acts and international conventions, protocols and codes related to commercial marine shipping in Canada. Use the wheel to discover:
- International maritime law
- Maritime law in Canada
- Maritime law governance
*Documents related to seafarers have been omitted, unless they are directly associated with shipping safety.
How to use the Wheel:
- To explore the acts, conventions, and codes by topic, click on a topic segment in the inner ring of the Wheel to see the documents associated with that topic.
- To see summary information about a topic or document, hover over that Wheel segment.
- To go to the source document, click on the title of that act, convention, or code.
- To return to the overview, click in the centre of the Wheel (white space).
Note: some documents are associated with multiple topics.